Last year I was fortunate to snag Greg Murray (former Sun Ajax Evangelist/Architect) who has been happily working in this role. I now have a new challenge for Greg and need another ninja like him to take his current role. If you know Greg then you will understand the caliber of person I am looking for :-)
Here is the description that the hiring manager sent me.
Here are some of the qualifications we would like for becoming a Netflix customer service UI ninja,
Your job profile will probably include a good deal of experience with building user interfaces for advanced, non-consumer oriented sites.
- Is passionate about designing and engineering great interfaces
- Has solid experience designing & building enterprise web applications in a Web 2.0 manner
- Has strong proficiency in server-side UI technologies (Java, Struts / GWT / Tapestry / JSP / JSF )
- Has a solid background in simple software architecture and design as well as can communicate their solutions to the rest of the engineering team
- Has experience working with distributed web services
- Experienced with scaling / performance tuning of highly interactive web applications (understands both client and server ramifications)
You will be part of the Customer Services Engineering Team. You will be responsible for the presentation layers of all current and new customer service tools. Since much of the work is green field you will have the opportunity to help design the user experience as well as build the web applications. In addition, the Netflix UI framework that the site runs on is shared with these applications. As such you will help flesh out this framework as we go forward.
So what technologies would you be using?
Nice to have experience with:
- HTML 5
- CSSS including BluePrint CSS
- experience with a Perforce or related version control system (Git / SVN / CVS)
- proficient in Photoshop
- proficient in Eclipse / IntelliJ
Know anyone? Are you that person? If so contact me at bscott _AT_ netflix _DOT_ com and I will connect you with the hiring manager.