NOTE: This blog has been moved to http://www.looksgoodworkswell.com

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Three Year Old Server Error Haunts My Yahoo! Account :-D

Gotta love this.

I have an email account that I have had for about 10 years. While at Yahoo! I jumped on the opportunity to create an alias (also known as a profile). When they allowed the 'period' character to be used in an email account I created b <dot> with my last name.

As of this morning this is broken. While Y! IM understands I still have this profile, I can't login to it anymore, can't receive email, can't use IM with that profile, etc.

So if you are trying to reach me via the B <dot> email then forget about till I get this mess straightened out with Yahoo! Here was the first response:

"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. It appears that there may have been a server error at the time you registered for your Yahoo! account. Unfortunately your information was not correctly saved, and you will be unable to access this account. You are welcome to create a new Yahoo! account with a different ID. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.
"


Right. You are telling me that there was a server error three years ago that just now showed up? Sounds like a canned answer.

I finally found the contact number for Yahoo! Customer Care. For anyone interested it is: 1-866-562-7219. After getting my call cut off (after painfully explaining the situation) I got another customer care person. They have escalated it -- they should get back to me in 3 - 5 business days.

Sigh.

Ironically, I give a keynote at Yahoo!'s Front End Summit next week.

No comments: